Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pissing in your Cherios

I thought I'd better start my tirades on a separate blog, as they seem to have hit a very sore nerve with some of my family. There have always been thinly veiled political jabs on our family blog, but recently mine have been more up front and honest.
I lean neither right or left, but more in the middle. While I like President Bush, I'll be the first to tell you he wasn't perfect as a leader, He at least had the testicular fortitude to do what was necessary at the time. Yeah, he made some mistakes, he made some unpopular decisions, he even screwed up more than once. But I still think he was good for us. Can you imagine a wishy washy Al Gore on 9-11?

I didn't vote for Obama, nor did I vote for McCain. I think both of them were too wrong for the job. Neither of them would be willing to run the government on a pay-as-you-go basis. Both were/are planning TRILLIONS in new spending. Those TRILLIONS have to come from somewhere, and as the government doesn't generate income, it's gonna come out of our pockets.

I've put up with the jabs, jokes, and general negative bullshit about him and his presidency for the past 8 years. But when I started to return the "favor" after the most recent election, it seems my political commentary isn't appreciated, and has actually generated some hostility. So in the interest of peace and harmony, I'll keep my political views separate.

I have had my last political discussion with those members of my family. I love them dearly, and wish to maintain harmony with them. If a discussion turns to politics I'll simply keep my mouth shut and walk the fuck away.

So let's see where this goes.

3 comments:

  1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

    that's one of America's greatest works....no matter what your political view....we are all protected and have the right to express that view. I am eternally grateful to the brave men and women who willingly made and continue to make the ultimate sacrifice to preserve those rights.

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Religion and Politics can be dicey topics at best. The problem with discussing the Obama is that it incorporates both Religion AND Politics in the minds of most liberals. To them, the Obama is not merely our president, he's our divine savior. His followers look to him as a prophet sent to Washington to correct the evils of the conservative demons. The media worships him as a god. He has turned atheists into believers. Jesus could heal with his touch, but the Obama can heal us with simple words and the stroke of a pen.

    All hail the Obama for he is the light that will rescue us and protect us from ourselves.

    Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray - I love you as do your brothers and sister. I, too, am skeptical regarding Obama's agendas but pray they work out for us. If not,.........
    As for the masses swooning over our new leader, I believe it is their right to show their asses in the general behavior toward the man who kept us safe. Most Americans, however, don't believe in their hearts the same as the mob mentality shown at "change of command". I don't believe that most of the people in attendance REALLY felt that negatively in their hearts either. Just COOL being one of the crowd. Don't be angry with them. They were caught up in the moment. Their "team" won, as our new president and House Speaker likes to remind everyone.
    It is very important for all of us, liberal/conservative/neither, to watch our elected and appointed officials very carefully and to do what we can at the ballot box to maintain our balance, course, and liberties, etc.

    ReplyDelete